After stripping the lacquer from my bell, I have developed a contact allergy on my right hand. I suppose I'm allergic to the nickel in the brass alloy. I have resorted to playing with a non-latex glove on my right hand, which is a pain in the you-know-where.
Has anyone else experienced this or have suggestions?
I've seen a few weeks ago a student that played with an half glove on his left hand, but I didn't saw nothing about the right...
On Mr Engelbert Schmid site, there is an article about A Nickel Free Horn
I hope this helps
Last edit: 20 May 2010 10:38 by Ricardo Matosinhos.
I ended up buying a new (to me) horn to solve this problem. I tried all kinds of gloves and coverings before going this route. I kept my old nickle silver horn though and now (2 or 3 years later) I can play it again without breaking out. I suspect that it would give me problems again though if it was still my every day horn.