Horn and Band

More
05 Jun 2010 20:12 #391 by Debra S Inglefield
Replied by Debra S Inglefield on topic Horn and Band
Hi, Barb --

Yes, we did meet several years ago. The Elkhart Municipal Band is now being directed by Dave Swihart (he was our timpanist). Paul Schulz died of cancer a couple of years ago.

Wasn't it your dad's arrangement of the R. Strauss Concerto No. 1 that I played with the band? Do you know whatever happened to the score and parts for that? I'd love to play it again!

Deb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Barbara J Myckowiak
  • Barbara J Myckowiak's Avatar Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2010 12:49 #393 by Barbara J Myckowiak
Replied by Barbara J Myckowiak on topic Horn and Band
Hi Deb,

Yes, he arranged that for me when I was in high school. Mom gave me the music, so if you want to borrow it just let me know.

Yes, I had heard about Paul Schulz. That was very sad. He was a family friend.

Barb

More
07 Jun 2010 13:55 #394 by Debra S Inglefield
Replied by Debra S Inglefield on topic Horn and Band
Thanks! I just played an arrangement my husband made of part of the Franz Strauss "Fantasie for Horn" this past April. So it may be a while before it's my turn again. He's hoping to complete the piece soon and get it published. We had gotten permission several years ago from Marvin Howe, and his daughter, who'd begun to run the publisher by that time.

If I can find the names of the composers of the "Holiday for Horns" and the "French Horn Frappe" in the band library, I'll send them along. They really are cute, appealing pieces for park band performances. There really isn't much for horn or multiple horns and band that is accessible for amateur/student players and for general audiences.

I hope some composers/arrangers will "take note"!

Deb

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok