The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

Student Teacher looking for Affordable Double Horn

More
21 Apr 2017 08:58 - 21 Apr 2017 12:38 #1638 by Chris Reid
Hi there,

I'm a music teacher/band director in training and took a class in Horn pedagogy so I know how to play. I really want a horn for myself to learn to play better as a modelling instrument for my students. I won't be playing any recitals or anything with it, but I don't want to shed money on something that won't play in tune and is going to fall apart.

That said, I'm on a REALLY short budget, as a student. So I'm looking at ebay and music stores for used instruments mostly. Lastly, I'm a really small guy and portability and storage/travel ease are really important to incentivize and make practicing possible amid my school schedule. Is there any chance I'm going to find something with a detachable bell?

I'm shooting for as far under $1200 USD as possible (Canadian here, and the exchange rate is really poor, if that helps with suggestions). Case/bag brand/model suggestions are also most welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read!

EDIT: My local music store carries the Jupiter 1150DL which I might be able to get financing options for. Is this instrument worthwhile?
Last edit: 21 Apr 2017 12:38 by Chris Reid.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok