French horn, brand Cobre

More
29 Feb 2020 04:59 #1809 by Marcus Mandjes
French horn, brand Cobre was created by Marcus Mandjes
I am an alto horn player and recently bought a French horn. The brand is Cobre. I searched the internet, but really can't find anything about this brand. Can someone tell me something about this brand?

Greetings, Marcus
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2020 05:12 #1810 by Marcus Mandjes
Replied by Marcus Mandjes on topic French horn, brand Cobre
Some additional information:

The seller told me that he had bought this horn in 1966 at an antique shop for NLG 200.00 (€ ± 100.00).

More
25 Apr 2020 09:07 #1813 by MARK CASTELLANO
Replied by MARK CASTELLANO on topic French horn, brand Cobre
Marcus, I'm afraid I cannot help you with your search for information on the Cobre horn you've purchased. But, I am hoping you can help me with trying to locate a suitable Alto Horn mouthpiece. Many decades ago my grandfather found this alto horn at a garage sale in So. Florida. He purchased it for me for $5. It took many years to get it restored into playable condition, but I've not been able to locate a mouthpiece. I've tried using trumpet, cornet, and French Horn mouthpieces with adapter, but none of these are acceptable. I'm hoping you can tell me where I can purchase a mouthpiece that will work with this little horn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark J. Castellano
Attachments:

More
25 Apr 2020 09:10 #1814 by MARK CASTELLANO
I wanted to send you more than one photo of the alto horn I mentioned, but it will only allow me to send one photo at a time. Sorry for the multiple messages.
Attachments:

More
25 Apr 2020 09:11 #1815 by MARK CASTELLANO
This is the 3rd and final photo I wanted to send you. Again, my apologies, since this is not related to your request, but any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
Attachments:

More
26 Apr 2020 11:25 #1816 by Marcus Mandjes
Replied by Marcus Mandjes on topic French horn, brand Cobre
Dear Mark,
I personally have the best results with the mouthpieces of Denis Wick (4883 Gold Plate or 5883 Silver Plate).
I think most people like number 3. Number 5 plays best for me. Can you do something with this information?

Greetings,
Marcus

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok