Welcome, Guest

The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

Paxman 25A

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #257 by
Paxman 25A was created by
I am about to purchase a Paxman 25A. I am a US player. Should I be concerned with the 442 tuning of this instrument? Will the tuning slides be able to be pulled to a comfortable point to allow me to play without being out of tune with the US A440 standard? Also, I have small hands and am curious about the grip (the instrument comes with the traditional "pinky" finger hook for the left hand.) I've heard that they are heavy horns...opinions? Thank you!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #259 by Dan Phillips
Replied by Dan Phillips on topic Re:Paxman 25A
Yes, they are heavy. I would be more concerned with a small right hand in that big bell than the left hand grip- that can always be adjusted. The 442 tuning shouldn't present any problems; there's plenty of slide length to adjust.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds