The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

Mouthpiece for Hoyer G10

More
13 Mar 2012 09:22 #556 by Lyn Banghart
Mouthpiece for Hoyer G10 was created by Lyn Banghart
Any suggestions for a good mouthpiece for the Hoyer G10? I'm looking at the Laskey 75 G E or the 75 F E. Is the European shank the way to go? I have only been playing for 4 years after 30 years as a professional flutist. (I'm playing at a college level and using a Laskey 75 F standard shank.) I would appreciate all opinions! (I don't want to mess with my leadpipe and will not be putting on a new leadpipe anytime too soon.) Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Emily Barankovich
17 Mar 2012 01:13 #557 by Emily Barankovich
Replied by Emily Barankovich on topic Re: Mouthpiece for Hoyer G10
Hi there!

I play a Hoyer G10, myself! I am actually happy with the mouthpiece that came with it. It's the Josef Klier Exclusive W 2DM A1.
I was originally playing/trying out paxman chidell cups and rims, and the ones I have used did not seem to help with the projection of sound.
In my opinion, I feel like this mouthpiece is very comfortable, flexible in ALL ranges and it's very free blowing. It allows for a big powerful sound with great tone, too! Yay!

Give it a try! Otherwise, it would be best to search around and find the perfect mouthpiece that suits you. :-)

Here's a link with some more details:
http://josefklier.de/mouthpieces/french-horn/?lang=en

I hope I helped you. Good luck!

More
18 Mar 2012 14:22 #558 by Lyn Banghart
Replied by Lyn Banghart on topic Re: Mouthpiece for Hoyer G10
Emily,
Thank you so much for your reply. I never even gave the mouthpiece it came with a chance. I just tried several Laskey mouthpieces and opted for the 75G. But I will go back and give the Josef Klier a try. Thanks, again. :)
Lyn

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok