The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

What is This Old Conn Horn?

More
27 Jun 2012 21:55 #598 by Joel Livsey
What is This Old Conn Horn? was created by Joel Livsey
I have come across a Conn double horn with serial number 346249. According to the serial number it is from 1941, however I don't know what model it is. It cost $100 to buy, and came in a Conn case that looks like it might be the original. What do you think it is, and how much is it worth? Pictures are attached.

Thanks for your help.
Joel Livsey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2012 11:38 #599 by Russell D'Arensbourg
Replied by Russell D'Arensbourg on topic Re: What is This Old Conn Horn?
6d? I think you got a good deal. Hard to say how much it is worth , depends on condition. Are the valves and slides free. I' ll give you $ 200.00 for it. Russell

More
28 Jun 2012 13:39 #600 by Joel Livsey
Replied by Joel Livsey on topic Re: What is This Old Conn Horn?
Sorry to disappoint you, but I put it on Ebay last night and it already sold.

More
29 Jun 2012 15:18 #601 by Russell D'Arensbourg
Replied by Russell D'Arensbourg on topic Re: What is This Old Conn Horn?
Joel,I was halfway joking but I would have given you $200. If I may ask , how much did you get for it? I have know several people who played 6 DSO. Russell

More
29 Jun 2012 16:01 #602 by Joel Livsey
Replied by Joel Livsey on topic Re: What is This Old Conn Horn?
I'm rather shocked at how it sold. I put it on for $900 or best offer, and someone bought it for that price within 12 hours.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok