Welcome, Guest

The International Horn Society is a global horn community. We celebrate diversity and exercise tolerance, and we are here to offer support, resources, and inspiration. Views expressed by individual members of the IHS do not necessarily reflect our values and aims of the society as a whole.

What is This Old Conn Horn?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #598 by
I have come across a Conn double horn with serial number 346249. According to the serial number it is from 1941, however I don't know what model it is. It cost $100 to buy, and came in a Conn case that looks like it might be the original. What do you think it is, and how much is it worth? Pictures are attached.

Thanks for your help.
Joel Livsey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #599 by Russell D'Arensbourg
6d? I think you got a good deal. Hard to say how much it is worth , depends on condition. Are the valves and slides free. I' ll give you $ 200.00 for it. Russell

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #600 by
Replied by on topic Re: What is This Old Conn Horn?
Sorry to disappoint you, but I put it on Ebay last night and it already sold.

More
11 years 9 months ago #601 by Russell D'Arensbourg
Joel,I was halfway joking but I would have given you $200. If I may ask , how much did you get for it? I have know several people who played 6 DSO. Russell

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #602 by
Replied by on topic Re: What is This Old Conn Horn?
I'm rather shocked at how it sold. I put it on for $900 or best offer, and someone bought it for that price within 12 hours.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds