MP Pressure and getting back into playing shape

More
07 Apr 2010 22:33 #373 by Jeff Bowman
I am having a serious problem with mouthpiece pressure, and have been for a good while now. I believe it is limiting my endurance and especially my high range, which has been the hardest thing for me to improve.I've been actively working on it and I think it has been improving, but I just had a week where I did not have my horn and so was not able to practice for more than a week. It made me very sad, as I really enjoy practicing. When I finally got my horn back and put the horn to my face, I noticed my chops seemed only half there...as in they were half-gone. But the thing I noticed most was the fact that I was using alot more pressure than I had before I the break. I am a college student and have a little less than 2 weeks to pull together a mozart concerto. My playing is quite under par right now.....
Any suggestions about pressure, getting back in shape, high range training or the like?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2010 23:47 #377 by Ricardo Matosinhos
Replied by Ricardo Matosinhos on topic Re:MP Pressure and getting back into playing shape
During the next days. I recommend you to practice the same amount of time you were used to, but with more brakes, for ex.

Instead of 2h make it 30 + 1 + 30 or even 20 + 40 + 40 + 20

When you feel better gradualy practice as you were used to.

This way you practice the same ammount of time but keeping without too much pressure.

Good Luck!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
This website uses cookies to enhance user experience, including login status. By using the site you are accepting the use of cookies.
Ok