Since 1970, The International Horn Society (IHS) has been an organization of people from around the world drawn together with a mutual interest in the horn. We are dedicated to the performance, teaching, composition, research, preservation, and promotion of the horn as a musical instrument.
If you are not already an IHS member, it is both affordable & easy to join the IHS. There are many good reasons to join the IHS. Members receive a subscription to our journal, The Horn Call, which provides news and announcements, feature articles, clinics, music and recording reviews, workshop reports, and much of interest to all who love the horn. Follow the links on this page to learn more about the IHS.
- Discounts to attend symposia and other sponsored events
- Subscription to The Horn Call magazine, published 3 times each year.
- Digital access to all past issues of The Horn Call
- Scholarships and Competition support.
- Unlimited access to this website
- Access to our Thesis Lending library
- Access to funding for the commissioning of new works for Horn
- Support of Commission Works by Major Composers
- Support of Horn players in countries where economic conditions prevent membership
- Networking opportunities with thousands of Horn players worldwide.
- Regular Membership: $50/year
- Student Membership (under age 27): $32
- Club membership:$30 [8 or more sending in dues together - separate addresses for The Horn Call delivery]
- Family Membership: $75 [Up to three members at the same address, receiving one copy of The Horn Call]
- Three-year membership: $141
- Life Membership: $1000
You may start your membership in the IHS at any time of the year. Publications are mailed Bulk Rate in the USA and International Surface Airlift outside the USA. Please note that membership and mailing information for the mailing of The Horn Call is sent to our publisher in the fourth week of January, April and September for the February, May and October issues, respectively. Changes made and new memberships created after those dates will take effect with the following issue.
For other information please contact Elaine Braun, Membership Coordinator of the IHS:
International Horn Society
If you prefer not to register or renew online, you may download a pdf pdf registration form (57 KB) and submit it by mail.