- Brass assistantships include performing in the Graduate Brass & Wind Quintets and assisting in the respective brass studios.
- Other duties may be based upon qualifications and interests.
- Graduate Quintets are active recitalists and are expected to participate in competitions, area cultural outreach, and be area clinicians for local public school music programs
- Other assistantships may be available in academic and administrative areas
This award is renewable for a second year.
Stipend and Benefits:
- Gross stipend of $1,152.33 per month for nine months (August 16 through May 15). (Graduate Assistant stipends are subject to federal and state income tax.)
- Waiver of all tuition up to the number of hours required for the degree, less any transferred coursework
- Basic single health coverage through the Student Health plan.
- Completion of a Bachelor or Masters degree in music with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Acceptance into the University of Oklahoma Graduate College
- Successful audition into the MM or DMA program.
Application to apply to OU Graduate College and the School of Music:
Degree, Application, & Audition Information:
Personal, on-campus visits are encouraged. To set up an appointment and to receive information regarding audition material, contact:
Dr. Eldon Matlick
Professor of Horn