Horn Chamber Music

More
22 mrt 2010 16:10 #367 by Tiffany Smith
Horn Chamber Music was created by Tiffany Smith
I am a junior in college beginning to prepare for my senior recital. Does anyone have suggestions for horn and percussion chamber music?

Thanks,
msutsmith

Please Inloggen or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 mrt 2010 18:46 #368 by Scott Hoehn
Replied by Scott Hoehn on topic Horn Chamber Music
Hey Tiffany,

There's a piece I did on my Junior recital for Horn and Marimba called "The Call of Boromir" by Daniel McCarthy. It was really fun! Rhythmically oriented, it's just a fun showpiece for both instruments.
Also, there's a much more difficult-to-put-together piece for Horn, multi-Percussion, and Tape called "Dragons in the Sky" by Mark Schultz. It has a very large percussion setup and a lot of extended techniques for the horn. Not to mention coordination with the Tape.
Finally, the "Rhapsody for Horn and Percussion" by G. Bradley Bodine has multi-percussion and horn. I've never played it, but it was commission by IHS so I'm sure you could find something about it.

Have fun,

Scott

More
23 mrt 2010 05:49 #369 by Ricardo Matosinhos
Replied by Ricardo Matosinhos on topic Horn Chamber Music
Hi!

HornVibes by Verne Reynolds it's a very nice piece.
As the name says it's for horn and vibraphone.
I tried to order from different websites with no luck and finally I got one that sold it, but wasn't easy to find.

More
24 mrt 2010 03:48 #370 by Gina Baker
Replied by Gina Baker on topic Horn Chamber Music
Hi there!

I was recently looking for a duet for horn and perc for my recital coming up, but I couldn't find anything that I was in love with. Instead, I decided to commission a work instead. It's called "Prior Ascension" by Robert Zolnowski and will be premiered on April 10.

It's a really dynamic piece and gives both the hornist and percussionist a chance to show off their skills. It showcases the midrange of the horn, having a range of written G below the staff to top line F. Beautifully flowing lines in the horn are balanced with more aggressive sounding sections shared by both the horn and perc. Very fun piece to play with a satisfying amount of challenge!

www.tonybaker.net/PriorAscension.mp3

(There is an aleatoric section at the beginning that is not on the mp3, for obvious reasons.)

If you're interested in performing it, you can contact him at Dit e-mailadres wordt beveiligd tegen spambots. JavaScript dient ingeschakeld te zijn om het te bekijken.

More
24 mrt 2010 19:07 #371 by Tiffany Smith
Replied by Tiffany Smith on topic Horn Chamber Music
Thank you all very much!

More
04 apr 2010 13:30 #372 by David Mickus
Replied by David Mickus on topic Horn Chamber Music
I'll second HornVibes. It's fun and definitely different. I don't really know the other pieces, apart from Dragons in the Sky. I've never had a setup where I could make a piece with tape work, so it was never an option for me.

Congratulations on looking for some pieces that are a little bit different for your recital. I did my best to perform most of the normal required rep prior to my big recitals so that I could make the programing a little bit more diverse and hopefully entertaining for those watching who aren't necessarily horn enthusiasts.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds
Cookies maken het eenvoudiger voor ons om onze diensten te leveren. Met het gebruik van onze diensten geef je ons toestemming om cookies te gebruiken.
Ok