Can't Decide between Horn and Trumpet

• Pranav Ajay Warrier
  • Topic Author
More
09 四 2018 20:13 #1710 by Pranav Ajay Warrier
Can't Decide between Horn and Trumpet was created by Pranav Ajay Warrier
Hello, I am a sophomore in high school. I have played violin for 7 years, trumpet in 5th grade, and percussion from 6th through 8th grade. I am between the horn and the cornet as future instruments. I like the sound of both equally, but my dilemma is in a future in the instruments. Horn players are always in demand, and Trumpet players are always available. This means I could get many opportunities as a horn player, but I am scared I will get boring parts with lots of rests. When I played trumpet, it was very fun because the trumpet section is always the center of attention and is always playing exciting parts and barely have any rests. I am wondering if I could play the horn, but join a band playing trumpet parts. From what I have seen, the horn has a very wide range that can get as high as the trumpet and as low as a tuba, am I correct? It would be very nice if you could tell me your experience.

Please 登入 to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok