Student Teacher looking for Affordable Double Horn

More
21 四 2017 14:58 - 21 四 2017 18:38 #1638 by Chris Reid
Hi there,

I'm a music teacher/band director in training and took a class in Horn pedagogy so I know how to play. I really want a horn for myself to learn to play better as a modelling instrument for my students. I won't be playing any recitals or anything with it, but I don't want to shed money on something that won't play in tune and is going to fall apart.

That said, I'm on a REALLY short budget, as a student. So I'm looking at ebay and music stores for used instruments mostly. Lastly, I'm a really small guy and portability and storage/travel ease are really important to incentivize and make practicing possible amid my school schedule. Is there any chance I'm going to find something with a detachable bell?

I'm shooting for as far under $1200 USD as possible (Canadian here, and the exchange rate is really poor, if that helps with suggestions). Case/bag brand/model suggestions are also most welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read!

EDIT: My local music store carries the Jupiter 1150DL which I might be able to get financing options for. Is this instrument worthwhile?
Last edit: 21 四 2017 18:38 by Chris Reid.

Please 登入 or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok