Horns

More
12 二 2010 04:46 #359 by Philip Hooks
Replied by Philip Hooks on topic Re:Horns
Your dilemma is not new. Many of us have been through the same thing. For whatever reason, you decide you want a new horn. But you are so used to your old horn that nothing seems to suit. You just can't "fall in love" with a different horn. I know some people who got a new horn and eventually went back to their old horn. In my case, I finally decided that I was going to get a new horn and just learn to get used to it.
Dan's advice is good. Just don't expect to find the "perfect" horn.
On another note, you might want to read my article in the February 2009 issue of the Horn Call,"The Mystery of the "Hooks Horn" Solved-But Who Was Karl Dressel?
Phil Hooks

Please 登入 to join the conversation.

More
24 二 2010 15:03 #361 by Marnix van Ammers
Replied by Marnix van Ammers on topic Re:Horns
I would love to read that article about Karl Dressel, but the last time I looked, Horn Call articles from 2009 were not available online. I only joined IHS late last year, so don't have that issue. For decades I have wondered about Karl Dressel. Searching the internet I have found that he lived and worked in Markneukirchen, the same place where several other horn manufacturers create their works. But I would love to know more.

Back on the topic, I am still searching for a horn. I am down to exactly where you were. Within a couple of weeks I will probably buy a new or very good used horn in one of the models that have seemed to generally play well in my trials and just go with that.

Marnix van Ammers

Please 登入 to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok