Horn "Buyer" Alert

More
17 八 2012 15:26 #610 by Bennett Robinson
Horn "Buyer" Alert was created by Bennett Robinson
I have a Hoyer descant horn listed for sale on IHS and was overjoyed to get a positive email response from someone calling themselves "Dennis Morgan." As we corresponded about details of the horn and a determined a mutually acceptable price I detected language usage that didn't match a "UK hornist by the name of Dennis" - his words. Nevertheless, not being flooded by offers to purchase my Hoyer, I accepted his offer of $5,000 plus shipping expenses. "His agent" would send me a cashiers check and "I should be sure to let him know the instant the check cleared my bank." After a couple of weeks went by and some false starts the check did indeed arrive from Los Angeles, not London as intimated in his messages. The biggest flashing caution light was the fact that "Dennis" has sent a check payable to me for $9500., not $5000 plus an estimated $1000 for shipping and insurance. As you can already guess, the check bounced a mile high. I want to warn all of you to be aware and qualify buyers carefully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel S

Please 登入 or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok