Good "affordable" double horns with a BIG sound?

More
18 二 2013 08:30 #685 by Karl Bonner
I've been using a Conn 14D single F horn for 2-3 years but need to upgrade to a double now. I got a chance to very briefly try a fellow band member's 6D. While I was very pleased with the smooth playing and crispness, I couldn't help but notice that the tone color and sound volume seemed a little slight in comparison to my 14D. I've heard that the 6D has a reputation for having a narrower and brighter tone, perhaps due to its more modest bore diameter. Perhaps the 14D single F has a wide bore along the lines of the 8D?

In any case, I'm curious about some of the other less-expensive doubles out there on the new and used horn market - and which ones are good for somebody who prefers a larger, mellower sound.

Please 登入 or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok